Today is a special day – it is the Sunday Supper team’s birthday! The Sunday Supper Movement is now 2 years old!!!
So we’re throwing a birthday bash, and it isn’t party fare without a good dip! So I’ve shared this simple pizza dip, that I am sure you will love.
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, combine 8 ounces of Neufchatel cream cheese that is room temperature, with 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 cup sour cream. Beat those together until fluffy.
Grab about 4 ounces of pepperoni, and set a few slices aside. Give the rest a rough chop. Toss the chopped pepperoni, along with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese in the bowl. Stir it into the cream cheese mixture. (You can also add in some sliced olives, or diced onion or bell pepper.)
Spread the creamy mixture in a shallow baking dish. A tart or pie plate works perfectly.
In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon each of oregano and basil, a pinch of salt and pepper, 1/4 teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion powder, and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix those together.
Spread the sauce over the top of the creamy mixture.
Top with an additional 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan. Place the reserved slices of pepperoni on top. Pop this in the oven for 20 minutes or until nice and bubbly.
Serve this with some chips or slices of nice bread. I used some hearty Italian herbed bread (a recipe I am sharing tomorrow!)
Allow the dip to set for about 5 minutes before serving.
- 8 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ c sour cream
- ¼ c mayonnaise
- 1⅓ c shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ c + 2 Tb parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 oz pepperoni slices
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp each of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- diced green bell pepper
- diced onion
- sliced black olives
- sliced or cubed bread
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until fluffy. Set aside a few slices of pepperoni, and give the rest a rough chop. Stir the pepperoni in to the cheese mixture, along with 1 c of the mozzarella cheese and ¼ c of the parmesan cheese. (Also stir in the diced veggies, optional) Spread the cheesy mixture into a shallow baking dish (a tart or pie plate works perfectly.) In a small dish, mix together the sauce ingredients. Spread this over the cheesy mixture. Top with the remaining cheeses and arrange the reserved slices of pepperoni on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Allow it to rest 5 minutes before serving, Serve with chips, crackers or bread.
Happy Birthday Sunday Supper!
Thank you to Liz for hosting this great event. This Sunday Supper team is such an inspiration to me. They have inspired me to up my game with photography and motivated me to be a better cook. My family thanks them, and so do I!
This fantastic team of bloggers is from all over the country, and even other parts of the world. We come from all different backgrounds and none of us are the same. But it only goes to show, how food can bring you together, as it does this medley of foodies. Because while we all may be vastly different human beings, we all have that great love of delicious food, and that’s what makes us all family. From that Sunday Supper table we all join together, and share our lives.
Share the love with your family and friends and join us as we celebrate Sunday Supper turning 2!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.