Great little portable treats, perfect for a picnic!
To begin these, chop up about a third of a cup of toasted hazelnuts.
And then chop up about a third of a cup of dark Chocolate Chips. Mix those together in a bowl, and set them aside.
In your saucepan, combine 4 cups whole Milk, a third cup of Corn Starch and a third cup of Baking Cocoa
Add a cup of Sugar.
Now stir in a tablespoon of Hazelnut Extract.
And a pinch of Salt
Whisk these all together, and cook over medium heat, stirring continually until it comes to a gentle boil. Let it bubble for one minute.
After the minute, pour the pudding into a heat-safe bowl. It will take you a few minutes to spoon these out, and you don’t want the pudding on the bottom to scald.
Ladle your pudding into 4 ounce jars. If you have one of these handy canning funnels, it will make your job much easier.
Sprinkle a spoonful of the chocolate & hazelnut mixture on top of the warm pudding. Allow it to cool to room temperature, and then chill.
For the Mocha Latte variation, to will make them much the same way, except substitute vanilla for the hazelnut extract, and reduce the baking cocoa to 2 Tablespoons.
In addition, when you mix the ingredients in the saucepan, you will add a third of a cup of Instant Coffee granules.
These little cups go topping-less, but I give them a whipped cream hat instead.
I made these pudding cups for a Unit BBQ and they vanished in no time flat!
This week our #SundaySupper Group will be serving up all sorts of their Memorial Day favorites! From the drinks to dishes to desserts, everything sounds delicious! Drop on by and see which ones your family and friends will love! And you can follow along on Twitter all day!
- Creamy Bacon and Avocado Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sweet and Savory Ham and Mango Salad by Rambling Notebook
- Summer Pasta Salad with Lemon Lime Dressing by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Soba Noodles with Swiss Chard and Mushrooms by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Malaysian Pickled Vegetables by Cookistry
- Wedge Salad & Homemade blue Cheese Dressing by In the Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Cesar Salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing by The Messy Baker
- Grilled Balsamic Pork Kebobs by Momma’s Meals
- Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps by That Skinny Chick
- Grilled Shrimp Po Boys with Radicchio Slaw Pescetarian Journal
- Bourbon Soy Sauce Pork Chops and Tilapia Family Foodie
- Green Chile Bacon Cheeseburgers by Damn Delicious
- Kalua Pulled Pork by Juanita’s Cocina
- Ice Cream Pie by Make Dinner Easy
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Rice Crispy Treats by Chocolate Moosey
- Lite Mango Coconut Ice Cream with Berry Ginger Topping by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Stars and Stripes Pound Cake by Big Bear’s Wife
- Chocolate Lava Cake Cositas Bonitas
- Mango cardamom Cupcakes Beetle’s Kitchen
- Watermelon Muffins The Meltaways
Our recipes will be perfectly paired by Wine Everyday