This week the Sunday Supper team is bringing you a Summer BBQ Party – and no party is complete without dessert! I happen to love lemon desserts in the summer – they are crisp and fresh and light-tasting. These Lemon Ricotta Bars are a delicate crust topped with creamy lemon ricotta. It’s like a sugar cookie and a lemon cheesecake combined.
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with baking spray or butter it. Set aside for now.
In your food processor, combine 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup cornstarch, 2/3 cup powdered sugar and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
Add to those the zest of a lemon – about a tablespoon.
Then take a stick and a half of cold butter (3/4 cup) and cut it into pieces. Drop the zest and butter into the food processor with the dry ingredients. Pulse these together until it us evenly crumbly like coarse cornmeal.
Press this into the bottom of your paper lined baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until it is just lightly golden on the edges.
While it is baking, beat 4 eggs in a mixing bowl until frothy.
In a small dish, combine 1/4 cup flour and 1 1/4 cup sugar.
To the eggs, add 15 ounces of ricotta cheese along with the sugar & flour. Beat those together until they are smooth.
Zest another lemon. Juice the zested lemons, along with another lemon or two – enough to give you a half cup of fresh, strained lemon juice.
Add the zest, lemon juice, a quarter teaspoon of salt and a half teaspoon of vanilla to the mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
When the timer goes off for your crust, turn the temperature down to 325. Give the filling a quick stir and pour over the hot crust. Put this back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until the center is no longer “jiggly.”
Let the bars cool in the pan until room temperature and then refrigerate for a hour.
Remove the chilled lemony goodness from the pan by lifting it out with the parchment paper.
Cut into bars and serve.
Thank you to Melanie of MelanieMakes.com for hosting this week!
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Margaritas from The Messy Baker
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
- BBQ Stuffed Calimari from Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
Sides and Accompaniments
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Easy Fruity Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques’ Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mango Peanut Slaw from The Texan New Yorker
- Mom’s Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby’s Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- BBQ Stuffed Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S’mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Lemon Ricotta Bars from The Foodie Army Wife
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- S’mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.