This treat has the creamy indulgence of your classic cheesecake, with the refreshing kick of Key Limes.
Spring is just around the corner! I can feel it. We are consistently hitting positive temperatures every day now, and I’m driving around town on more concrete than ice. I have Spring Fever so bad, I can taste it! I’m pretty sure most of the Sunday Supper contributors feel the same way, that’s why we are doing a Spring inspired Sunday Supper!
And I didn’t even realize it until earlier this week – but this would be posting on “St. Patty’s Day.” If you want, you could add a few drops of green food coloring to this to get it in the spirit of things.
To begin this lovely dessert, you’ll need 1 1/2 cup of crumbs, and not just any crumbs, but Biscoff cookie crumbs! If you can’t find these cookies, graham crackers are perfectly acceptable. Pulverize the cookies in your food processor or crush them with a rolling pin.
Line the bottom of a spring form pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
Place the crumbs in a bowl, and pour in 6 tablespoons of melted butter.
Stir those together and press them into the bottom of your pan.
Stick that in the fridge and let it cool.
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
Begin juicing your key limes. If you can’t find key limes, you can use regular limes, but trust me, Key Limes are the bomb! You’ll need 1/2 cup of the juice.
In your mixing bowl, combine 3 blocks (24 ounces) of room temperature cream cheese, and a tablespoon of cornstarch.
Add in a tablespoon of zest from the limes.
And 1 cup of sugar.
Beat these together until smooth and creamy – be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Beat in 3 eggs, one at a time, until each egg is just combined. once they are combined, slowly pour the lime juice into the batter with the mixer going. As soon as it is combined, stop mixing.
Pour the mixture into the pan over the crust. Bake this for 55-65 minutes or until the cheesecake is set. (To help aide in preventing cracking, bake with another baking dish half-filled with water on a lower shelf)
When the baking is done, turn off your oven, and let cheesecake set for 30 minutes with the oven door open 4-5 inches. Then remove it from the oven to a cooling rack, and when cheesecake is near room temperature, cover it and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, enjoy this heavenly, decadent and refreshing dessert! Dust it with some powdered sugar before serving if you like.
Take a moment now, and enjoy all of these wonderful Spring-inspired delights!
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread by The Meltaways
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 3:00 p.m. AKST (7:00 p.m. EST) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite springtime recipes!