I love whipping up a batch of homemade BBQ sauce, and thought I would share my recipe with you.
This sauce has tons of spices to give it a nice, rich flavor.
To make it, simply combine everything in a saucepan.
Mix it all together and simmer it over low heat for about 5-10 minutes.
Give it a taste. If you want it a little sweeter, add a little more brown sugar or honey.
Store it in a jar in your fridge, and let it sit for 24 hours. Enjoy as you like!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Tb smoked paprika
- ⅓ c brown sugar or honey
- 1 tsp ground ancho chile
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked coriander
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ c water
- 1 Tb liquid smoke
- 2 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tb whiskey
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer together 5-10 minutes over low heat.
- Give it a taste and if you prefer it a little sweeter, add a touch more brown sugar or honey.
- Cool and store in a jar, in your fridge.
- Let it sit 24 hours and enjoy!