This week the Sunday Supper team is excited to team up with Gallo Family Vineyards to bring you wonderful holiday foodie traditions featuring Gallo’s variety of wines.
Gallo Family Vineyards offers 16 different wines all year long, including Moscato, Hearty Burgundy, Pinot Grigio and more. To see all of their varieties or to learn more about them, check out their website, Gallo Family.
One of the things I loved about the holiday season as a kid growing up in Wisconsin, was all of those days off from school that I could grab my sled, bundle up and head off to “hospital hill” and sled until my toes and fingers were going to fall off. It never failed, after a day of crashing into snow piles I would come home cold and starving half to death.
The past few years, we did much of the same with my own kiddos up there in Alaska.
I love making these memories and sharing these traditions with my own family.
And just like when I was a kid, after spending a day tromping up hills and digging snow out of our mittens, we all come home freezing and starving half to death! After a day of that, you want something warm and yummy to fill your tummies and you want it yesterday. This dish fits the bill. I have shared a recipe here that has all of the loveliness of comfort food, but without the need for you to spend a great deal of time in the kitchen – Fettuccine with Italian Sausage and creamy Mascarpone.
To begin, start a pot of boiling salted water, and cook your fettuccine al dente while you prepare the sauce.
Meanwhile, melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet.
Toss in a half pound of spicy Italian sausage and cook it until it is slightly brown, and cooked through.
Pour in a half cup of Gallo Chardonnay.
Add in 8 ounces of Mascarpone cheese and 1/3 cup heavy cream.
Stir and melt this all together, and add in a teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
Let it simmer for a couple minutes on low heat.
Place your cooked fettuccine in a serving dish, pour the sauce over and toss to coat.
Top with a good amount of shredded parmesan cheese.
Enjoy your pasta with a glass of wine, friends and family.
And just for fun, Gallo has this great family Crest Creator, where you can build your own custom “family crest” like I have done here!
Join our Sunday Supper Family as we invite Gallo Family Vineyards to the supper table with these wonderful recipes.
- Clementine, Whiskey & Wine Cocktail by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mandarin Spice Mulled Wine by girlichef
- Cabernet-Shallot Mushroom Cheeseburgers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Cranberry Bacon Stuffing by Momma’s Meals
- Fettuccine with Italian Sausage and Mascarpone by The Foodie Army Wife
- Family Fondue by kimchi MOM
- Lemon White Wine Green Beans & Mushrooms by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Linguine with Spicy Red Clam Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Moscato Gravy by Webicurean
- Moscato Orange Chicken with Olives by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Moscato Stone Crab Scampi by Family Foodie
- Mushroom Risotto by The Messy Baker
- Portabellas Stuffed with Cabernet Onions and Gorgonzola by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Red Wine Risotto by Shockingly Delicious
- Short Ribs With Pasta by Magnolia Days
- Pomegranate White Wine Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fudgy Red Wine Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake by Alida’s Kitchen
- Red Wine Velvet Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not
indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.