Every so often you simply have to splurge on something rich and creamy. It’s simply comfort food that you are craving – and this not only fills that desire, but is simple and fairly quick to make as well.
To begin, start a pot of water for your pasta to cook. Cook the pasta while you make the sauce. You will need 1 pound of fettuccine. I like to use half regular and half spinach fettuccine. *Reserve a little of the pasta water when you drain it. Set aside.
In a saucepan, melt a stick of butter and toss in 2 cloves of minced garlic. Let it simmer on low until the garlic is just tender.
Whisk in a cup of heavy cream or half & half.
Add in 3 tablespoons of cream cheese, and let this begin melting.
Add in a half teaspoon or so each of salt, pepper and fresh nutmeg.
Toss in a tablespoon of parsley.
And then melt in a cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Place your cooked pasta in a serving bowl, and pour the sauce all over. Toss it together with a little extra Parmesan.
*If you find that the sauce is too thick, stir in a little of the reserved pasta water to thin it.
- 1 lb fettuccine (half regular, half spinach - optional)
- 1 stick (1/2 c) butter
- 2 gloves minced garlic
- 1 c heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tb parsley
- 1 c Parmesan
- extra Parmesan for topping.
- To begin, start a pot of water to cook your fettuccine. You will cook the pasta while you make the sauce.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat and toss in the garlic. Let it simmer gently until the garlic is tender. Whisk in cream and cream cheese. Heat and stir until smooth. Stir in nutmeg, parsley, salt & pepper. Melt in the cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the cooked pasta in a serving bowl and pour the sauce all over the top. Toss with some extra Parmesan.