Delicious and chocolatey!
This Sunday Supper’s post is a very special one. You see, we have been joined by Christina Ferrare who is sharing recipes from her second cookbook, Big Bowl of Love! I am excited to be participating this week with all of the other wonderful Food Bloggers in our Sunday Supper Group, as we share recipes from Christina’s cookbook & website.
I chose to share her Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
In a bowl, combine 2 and a quarter cup of Flour, a teaspoon of Baking Soda and a half teaspoon of Salt. Stir it together, and set it aside.
In your mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup each of Granulated and Brown Sugar, and a cup (2 sticks) of room temperature Butter.
Beat those together for about 2 minutes, until it is nice and fluffy.
Add in a teaspoon of Vanilla. Mix for another minute.
Next beat in 2 room temperature eggs, one at a time.
Then slowly mix in your flour mixture, about half at a time. Mix it only until it is just combined.
Now chop up a cup and a half of nuts – Pecans or Walnuts…I chose to use Walnuts.
Add in your nuts, a cup of Raisins, and 4 cups of Chocolate Chips!
Using a small scoop, place golf ball-size pieces of cookie dough on the cookie sheet to chill them.
Originally this recipe said it only made 2 dozen, but I had dough balls the actual size of golf balls, and it made almost 4 dozen. So there were a ton on the sheet…this isn’t even all of them!
Chill these for 1 hour in your refrigerator.
When you are ready to bake, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Line another cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Place the chilled cookie dough balls at least 3-1/2 inches apart on the cookie sheet, and bake in batches.
I baked 9 at a time, so I wouldn’t crowd them.
Bake them for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the cookies are golden-brown on top.
Check them after 15 minutes, just to see how they are coming along.
Ovens vary, and I found that my cookies were perfect at 17 minutes.
Using a metal spatula, place the cookies on a rack to cool.
Check out some of the other Food Bloggers’ #SundaySupper posts this week, and see which ones you love!
- Tomato Mozzarella Tower with Shallot Bacon Dressing, Chicken Marsala with Angel Hair Pasta and melon Medley with Lemon Sorbet The Primlani Kitchen
- Roasted Beet Wild Arugula with Goat Cheese Salad Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pesto Pasta Katherine Martinelli
- Spaghetti and Meatballs Juanita’s Cocina
- Sea Bass with Soy Glaze and Cucumber Salsa Beetles Kitchen
- Chicken Picatta Over Pasta Family Foodie
- Grilled Orange-Ginger Chicken Breasts Supper for a Steal
- Seafood Risotto Magnolia Days
- Fall Off The Bone Chicken Thighs Lovely Pantry
- Risotto with Fresh Peas and Asparagus Big Bears Wife
- Salad Dressing BG Garden
- Strawberry Shortcake German Foodie
- Cheesecake with Fresh Berries The Messy Baker
- Rice Pudding Rambling Notebook
- Strawberry Shortcake That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake Baker Street
- Brownies Rich and Chocolaty Daily Dish Recipes
And how about some wine pairings from Wine Every Day.
Join us this week! All you have to do is follow the hashtag #sundaysupper on twitter or follow along on TweetChat.