This week the Sunday Supper team is joined by Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs, to bring you No-Bake summer recipes!
Growing up, pudding was a frequent treat in my house. My mother always served it in pretty goblets and topped it with whipped cream. It was simple and it was delicious, but it felt so special to be eating out of a “wine glass” that it made a regular day feel like a special event.
You don’t need a special event for this dessert, but it certainly would be perfect for one. Creamy caramel pudding topped with caramel sauce, whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
To begin, separate 5 eggs – Davidson’s Safest Choice recommended. You will need the yolks for this recipe.
Place the yolks in a small dish and whisk them smooth. Set the bowl near the stove as you will want it handy later on.
In addition to the yolks, measure out a tablespoon of rum, 2 tablespoons of butter and a teaspoon of kosher salt. Place them near the stove as well.
In a saucepan, combine 3/4 cup each of brown sugar and water.
Bring it to a rolling boil, and boil for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
In another saucepan, combine 3 tablespoons of corn starch and 3 cups of milk.
Whisk them until smooth, and then cook over medium heat, stirring continually until the mixture begins to boil. Let it boil for 1 minute and then turn off the heat.
Now for your eggs. While whisking quickly, slowly drizzle a couple ladles of the hot milk into the eggs to temper them and keep them from turning into scrambled eggs in your pudding.
Return all of the milk and egg mixture to the saucepan with the hot milk gravy.
Pour in your brown sugar syrup.
Whisk this all together and over medium heat return it to a boil. Boil 1 minute while stirring continually. Add in the butter, rum and salt and stir until completely combined.
Pour the pudding through a sieve to rid of any lumps that may have developed. Spoon the pudding into serving dishes and chill for an hour.
When you are ready to serve, drizzle a tablespoon of caramel sauce on top (such as my homemade one.)
Top with a dollop of whipped cream and some chocolate shavings.
Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs are sponsors of the upcoming Food & Wine Conference and are hosting a fantastic contest! Find out more about the prizes and how to enter.
To find out where you can get Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs, use their Store Locator
If you’re looking for no-bake, keep-the-kitchen-cool recipes for this summer, you will want to check out these recipes from the Sunday Supper team!
No-Bake Savory Recipes:
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by the Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. All opinions are my own.